Vitamin D is needed for bone health and it plays a critical role in the health of the brain and nervous systems, cardiovascular and immune systems as well as in pregnancy and child development.
Called the sunshine vitamin, vitamin D is formed naturally in the skin by exposure to sunlight. But when an individual does not get enough sun exposure, their body cannot make sufficient vitamin D. Vitamin D supplementation is especially important because it's hard to get enough during our long, dark northern winters. Vitamin D is a vitamin and hormone that stimulates the body to absorb calcium, and it is needed to keep bones strong. People deficient in vitamin D levels tend to have more soft, thin bones, predisposing them to fractures. Vitamin D is especially important for the elderly because of their difficulty synthesizing vitamin D from sunlight as some medications interfere with vitamin D absorption.
• Maintains bone, joint and muscle health
• Supports the brain and nervous system
• In a convenient fast absorbing liquid state
• Stored in a glass bottle with dropper
• Supports the health of mother and child during pregnancy and lactation
• Strengthens the immune system
• Reduces the risk of cancer